Anodica has patented HygenOx®, the treatment that confers secondary sanitizing properties to the decorative anodizing of aluminium.
The innovative finish HygenOx®, which is the result of the joint work of the Anodica R&D team and one of Italy’s major technological universities, confers secondary sanitizing properties for the decorative anodization of aluminium.
HygenOx® is a special sanitizing anodizing finish which can be applied to any element made of anodizable aluminium alloy. This finish consists in spreading silver ions into the thickness of the treated component: the anodized surface acquires electrochemical properties at the molecular level, which reduce any existing bacterial load without altering the aesthetic features of the surface.
- Increased hygiene, thanks to the ability to eliminate 98% of already existing bacteria within 8 hours and more than 99% within 24 hours
- Reduced need for cleaning: with a saving on cleaning products and lower environmental impact
- Enhanced of the aesthetic appearance
- Competitive production costs
- Corrosion and temperature resistance
- Certified sanitizing properties by tests carried out by several independent laboratories in compliance with the ISO 22196 standard.
HygenOx® can be used for the treatment of aluminium components intended for environments where hygiene is essential: kitchens, healthcare and medical furniture, transport industry, community areas.
Discover all the properties and applications of the sanitizing decorative finish HygenOx®.