Santori Pellami is an historical family-run company located in the Italian Region Marche, that has been producing and distributing leathers since 1890.
With a strong wish to develop fresh and trendy articles we launch on the market two collections a year.
Our offer includes the following items:
- classic grain , nubuck, brushed, brush-off, college and crust articles ( half calves)
- wet blue to be finished with a wide range of customized options (calves and half calves)
- natural grain half calves for lining that are specifically finished to meet customer needs;
- pigskins and pigsplits for lining,(both resined and in a version worked with a round-baler machine ), chrome-free pigskins for linings;
- all calf articles can be made in a chrome-free and customized version.
We stand out however not only for this vast array of articles but also for our constant innovation efforts and for our respect for the environment.
Santori Pellami is present with its leathers in the Material ConneXion international database and Materials Library, and is part of the Leather Working Group, which is an international, not-for-profit membership organisation responsible for the world’s largest leather sustainability program.
Among our most significant developments we count the Naturella® trademark : a revolutionary eco-friendly tanning method aimed at obtaining metal-free and biodegradable leathers.
To sum up , Naturella® is an excellent product for fashion, accessories and footwear and can guarantee the following positive results:
- greater reduction in water consumption in comparison to traditional tanning processes;
- waste waters are free of heavy metals (which are toxic and allergenic);
- a greater footage can be processed, and in turn it means less waste, less disposal costs, less pollution;
- the waste is biodegradable;
- higher leather quality and as a consequence higher tear resistance;
- this tanning method allows a greater color absorption, reducing the quantity of dyes used.